December 1, 2013

Woven Cardboard Ornaments

HI! Welcome!

Happy weekend after Thanksgiving!
We have a tradition to set up our Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving dinner.
We clean up the kitchen, vacuum the living room, and set up the tree.

While I was making a tree topper my boys made some woven cardboard ornaments...

I cut out some small cardboard circles, cut 1/4" slits along the circles edge (some have 8 slits, others 10, and I even did a couple 12 slit circles), & they picked out their thread...

My 6 yr old son LOVED this craft. He was good at it too!!!

Making another one...

This ornament was his favorite...

The star my 4 year old son made...

I LOVE THEM!...

What a fun Christmas craft for my 6yr old and 4yr old sons!
Day 1 of Advent, making ornaments, done!

We used various patterns while making our ornaments. The easiest for my sons to learn was the skip one, back one pattern. They mastered that and then moved on to more complex patterns.

This idea is not original to my blog by any stretch! I did this craft as a kid and I simply taught it to my boys. If you would like a tutorial on how to make these, google search it and you'll find dozens of helpful tutorials.

Blessings to you friends,
Janiene

This craft was featured on All Kids Crafts! Click here to see that feature :)

4 comments:

  1. First, what beautiful pictures. Second, what a fun craft! They turned out so cute. Grace just made some, though, hers didn't have a pattern. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I know Grace's are also so beautiful! She has such an artistic touch and I have loved everything you have shared of hers on your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in love with these ornaments! I linked to you on AllFreeKidsCrafts. :) I think my readers will love these just as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, thank you! :) What a blessing to have you stop by and link back to me!
      Blessings!
      Janiene

      Delete

Thanks for the comment!! :)