June 15, 2013

candy lei

Want to know what I remember from my graduation days as a kid - candy leis.
I had Hawaiian family members who sent us fresh flower leis, and, candy leis!
They were THE BEST!

My son graduated kindergarten yesterday and to continue the tradition I made him a couple candy leis.


What you need:
cellophane wrap for gift baskets (Party City sells it)
various ribbons cut to about 5" in length
candy
scissors

There are a million good tutorials online! Click on this google search I created: https://www.google.com/search?q=candy+lei+tutorial&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0ee8UaWRGMPZqQHesYHQDw&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1517&bih=756

You simply cut a strip of cellophane about 5 feet by 1 foot. Lay your candies in a row and start wrapping them into the cellophane by folding over the long edge a few times. Take a piece of ribbon and tie it in between each candy, like so...

Simple, awesome, and yummy!
My son LOVED his graduation lei :)
YAY.


1 comment:

  1. Ok, this is so adorable and SO much fun. I have never seen or heard of a candy lei before. And, how lucky were you to get fresh leis? I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)