May 26, 2013

wooden ladder trellis

My cucumbers are THRIVING! We got to taste our first cucumber yesterday and it was so yummy! Ethan is so pumped to have planted them, watered them, watched them grow, and to now eat one! I knew the day would come when I would have to decide how I wanted them to grow. Today I added an old wooden ladder (that I found for free on the side of the road!!!) to my garden and tied a few of the vines to it...

They already seem so happy to have something to climb...

And here's a view of my thriving garden...

We are already talking about all the fruits and veggies we want to grow in next years garden.
This is SO FUN!

Want to see what the ladder trellis looks like now since this post?
Click HERE to see!


4 comments:

  1. I love that you're using a ladder as a trellis! Thanks for your comment on my blog recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I am hoping next year I will be able to get a garden going. I just had too many other things going on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You garden looks beautiful! What a blessing for your children to partake in. I hope I can get ours going by next year. I love your use of the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! I would love to have a beautiful garden like yours! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)