April 17, 2013

dyeing an old sweater

I found this in my cabinet...

And I had this old pink sweater that had some stains on it that I could not get out...

So I took the Rit and dyed the sweater!!! 
I used 1/2 the bottle of Rit and 3 gallons hot water...

30 min of soaking...

Rinse out the sweater until the water runs clear (use gloves!)...

Toss it in the wash...

Ta-Da!!!
My boys wanted in the picture too :)

The buttons and thread did not dye - but I kinda LOVE it this way...

SO FUN!
I am a spontaneous crafter and I am so glad I tried dyeing fabric!

I even dyed a pair of my husbands old work jeans, for fun...



1 comment:

  1. OHMYGAWD! Never heard of doing this and seriously had to take a second look at all of your pictures! I actually have a white cardigan that the armpits are starting to turn yellow (I sweat a lot) and could definitely dye it something darker! I love the buttons too! Cute blog Janene!

    http://bishopsfamilysite.blogspot.com/2013/04/dyeing-old-sweater.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)