March 6, 2013

when Mom's away...

I'll be leaving for India in 3 days {click here to read more about that}!!!
To get my husband and children off to a good start I have been busy baking, cleaning, writing notes on everything, and I created a Master Schedule. Oh, and I have been sick, sick, sick, which has not helped me with remembering to take pictures. So, here's the pictures I do have...

Master Calendar
This is taped to the wall by the front door, with bags for their various outings and activities (the livingroom is under construction so I just taped everything and added a few nails to the walls)...

Count-Down Goodie Bags
I got this idea from my friend Erin. Her husband travels a lot and she does this with her kids while he is away to help them count down the days, and to get fun treats :) Each baggie contains a hand written note from me & a treat or small toy for the day...

Prepping the Kids' Clothes

This one was hard. Who has the foresight to lay out clothing for 3 children during Springtime? Our weather has been 60 degrees this week and last week it was in the 80's. Who knows what it will look like each day. So, I have labeled each drawer and taught my boys which drawer holds their shorts, pants, shirts, etc. (honestly, it was high time I taught them that information and this trip just lit the fire). For my daughter I just filled her drawers with all her outfits each individually wrapped so my husband or sister just have to pull out an outfit for the day. I have a couple more loads of laundry to finish and then I'll be leaving my family with everything clean.

The Kitchen and Food Situation
A few of my dear friends volunteered to bring my family dinner while I am gone (how awesome, right!?). For the other dinner nights, lunches and breakfasts, I stocked the pantry and refrigerator and left a bunch of notes, EVERYWHERE...


WORLD MAP
I taped up a world map at the kitchen table. I have an airplane on the map and 2 arrows. When I leave they can move the airplane to India and they can see how far away I am (forgive the scale of the airplane, it is as big as the USA, oops!). They are actually very excited to move the plane and keep asking me when I am leaving :) So cute!

Pray for me while I am traveling and visiting India.
Pray for the women that we minister to in India to be
encouraged, equipped and strengthened in the Lord.
Pray for health and food safety with all the team members.
Pray for God's name to be exalted and for many to put their faith in Jesus.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Colossians 3:1-4

See you in a couple weeks!!!!


7 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!!! They are blessed to have you as a wife, mom and sister. Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ageee with Stacy! You are amazing. So thoughtful with every attention to detail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! Sending big prayers for you on your trip! I can't wait to hear about your experiences. As the other women have said, I think you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I wish we lived next to one another!!! Gah. Thank you for being my faithful friend and encourager for the past 2 years! I can't wait to let you know how it went :)

      Delete
  4. How did I miss that you're going to INDIA!!!! Your family is going to be so prepared, and I know God is going to use you greatly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)