February 22, 2013

quick & easy memory verse activity (for kids)

To learn our memory verse this week, 
my Kindergartner and I wrote it out on the whiteboard...

 Made a grid on a piece of paper with enough squares for all the words in the verse. Then he wrote one word in each box...

He cut all the squares apart...

Then he practiced his verse by rearranging the words in the correct order...

Ta-da...

I was blessed to see that at the end of this activity he had memorized his verse! How awesome. I'll be using this method again it looks like :)


3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to practice memorization. I love that it worked too. You certainly made the right decision to stay at home and teach your kids yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that y'all memorize verses! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) You're a no comment blogger now, so I can't reply back via email, but I want you to know that I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stopping in from the Mingle With Us Blog Hop! I love this idea for memorizing a verse. It would be great to use when we practice our Awana verse. Amy from http://bestlifemistake.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-best-christian-easter-ideas-on.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)