February 1, 2013

our butterflies emerged!

Our butterflies decided to break free from their cocoons today. 
Ethan was amazed...

The butterflies spent most of the afternoon drying out and testing out their wings...

I read this amazing book to my boys...

We did a felt lesson on the life cycle of a butterfly (the only felt I could find in the house was their super hero cape, cracks me up!)...

Ethan charted the 4 stages of the butterfly's life cycle...

My sweet Owen's assignment was to trace the butterfly...

And then he colored the butterfly... 

Tomorrow we are taking the butterflies over to the boys' Grandparents house to release them. I will of course take pictures to share with you all :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so neat! I can't believe y'all were able to watch the butterflies emerge from their cocoons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)