January 31, 2013

last week in pictures...

This past week was {so busy}!

The kids made paper mache flower vases for their Grandma's for Valentines Day (shhhhh! don't tell the Grandmas!)... 

Our science unit in school is on the life cycle of a butterfly. Our caterpillars decided to make their cocoons last week. Here is the first one just starting to enter his chrysalis...

Daddy & his boys putting together a butterfly puzzle...

The boys had their school presentation night. Behind them, displayed on presentation boards, is some of their favorite school work & art projects...

I walked into the school room to hear giggles and see my boys playing a game together...my heart melted!

My friend Amy came over on Tuesday to help me get my craft room organized, functional and inspirational. She hung this shelf (that I never would have thought to hang) and decorated it with cuteness and items that mean so much to me (can you see the little card on the top, with the cut-out of the country India - that is one of the thank you cards I made and sent to all that supported and helped with my India trip - such a clever thing for her to display up there and it means a lot to me every time I see it)! In the mini mason jars she put some of my favorite crafting supplies such as buttons, pearls, clips, thread, etc. Look at how she displayed the paints! Amy is super talented with organization! Amy blogs over at {A Beloved Home}.

Here is Amy, helping me organize!...

My new favorite tea (thanks Amy). I love it so much that I try to get 2 cups out of each tea bag :) Also, see that scone right there? My first time ever making a scone and I have {Creations By Kara} to thank!!! They came out perfectly and they were so delicious! Thanks Kara!

Today in school we learned about Groundhog Day. I have to thank Amy from {While Wearing Heels} for the awesome craft idea (and reminder about Groundhog Day). My 5yr old did the groundhog on the left and he even painted the wording onto the page with a small paint brush. My 3yr old son did the groundhog on the right and I had him trace the wording with a black crayon (did not show very good in the picture). Thanks Amy for always inspiring me!!!

To continue learning about Groundhog Day I showed my kids this cheesily awesome youtube video (the song will get in your head!!)...

I hope you all have a nice Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post. You certainly made the right decision to home school. You have are a good teacher. You do so many wonderful projects with your kids, such exciting and interesting ones. You must make learning so much fun. I wish I could send Grace to your school :). Your scone looks amazing. Thanks so much for the shout out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast helping you organize and hanging out with you! We can do it again once you're back from India :) Now I also feel like I should go write a blog since I have completely failed at keeping it going...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)