January 14, 2013

a little something {homeless snack packs}

It is cooooollllldddd out!
And when it gets cold outside my heart breaks for the many homeless that are sleeping out in that cold.

When I think about all that God has blessed me with I am compelled to give to those in need. And who is more needy than someone without a home and food? I am always stirred up by this verse in 1 John 3:17 "But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?"

I can't do much but what I can do is give them a snack :) This morning my children and I made some trail mix and tied that snack to a bottle of juice. We will take them to the homeless in our area this week. Simple acts of love and kindness can speak volumes of God's love to a person.

So, I gathered some ingredients to make trail mix...

E helped me with the raisins...

Then Ava wanted in on the helping...

My helper scooped a cup of the trail mix into each ziplock baggy...

Then we tied the baggy to the juice bottle...

Easy quick homeless snack pack!!

-Trail Mix Recipe-
granola
chocolate chips
coconut
raisins
slivered almonds




1 comment:

  1. What an incredibly kind and thoughtful thing to do. You are raising your children to be socially aware and kind hearted people. I am amazed and inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)