December 16, 2012

Hot Wheels Make-Over!

To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

Titus 1:15


This is what I bought my 3yr old for Christmas...

This is one of the stickers on the truck...

This is the other sicker on the truck...

It blows my mind that some marketing company thought that these stickers would be an awesome feature on this truck. These creepy and demonic images embed themselves deep in the minds of children. I can still remember every scary movie I watched as a kid and the consequent fear that overwhelmed me at nights, especially when I had to get out of my bed and use the bathroom. I try very hard to keep my kids' eyes from seeing these images. My kids do not suffer with many nightmares and I praise the Lord for that. 

We liked the truck and the tricks that the truck performs so we decided to buy it and remove or cover the stickers. I kept thinking about how I could do it and decided to quickly create a template out of a large mailing label...

I placed stickers on that template... 

Cut out the label...

Stuck it on the truck and then Mod Podged the truck...

I am POSITIVE that I could have done a better job (as I am sure any of you looking at this will agree with me) but for a quick 30 min cover-up job I am happy. I put the truck back into its box so that I could wrap it and place it under the tree...

Easy peasy cover-up project & a Momma that is happy that these images will not be seen by her 3yr old. YAY!


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I had a similar experience when trying to watch Christmas specials with my two and a half year old. We seldom watch TV, but thought it might be fun with all the Christmas specials on right now - except a lot of them are scenes that are scary for children!

    Good job on the truck makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)