November 22, 2012

bacon jam

Yes, you read that right.
Bacon Jam.
Probably the best jam EVER!
Reminds me a tad of Jim Gaffigan's bacon skit {click here to see it on youtube}.
Ta-da...

I stumbled upon the recipe for Bacon Jam a month or so ago on Pinterest. I clicked through to the original post and found a recipe for Bacon Jam on Babble {click here to see the original recipe}. I had pinned this to make for my husband and Father-in-law for their Christmas stockings. I tested the recipe tonight and OH BOY, it is GOOD!

Here is how I made the Bacon Jam...

In a stock pot I cooked 1lb of chopped up bacon...

I drained all the grease and set the bacon aside on paper towels while I sauteed 1 medium onion (chopped) and 3 cloves of garlic (minced) until soft and slightly browned. To the sauteed onions and garlic I added back the cooked bacon, 1/2 cup brewed coffee, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup honey. I set the heat to medium and I let it reduce for about 22 minutes, stirring occasionally...

Here is what the jam looked like after about 10 minutes of reducing...

I removed the bacon jam from the heat and scooped it into a glass mason jar to cool...

I toasted up some bread, spread some jam on it and served it to my hubby. 
His response was "Oh wow. This is good!"

I am super thankful for the Pinterest pin that inspired this new Bishop favorite! Thank you Babble.com for the inspiration!


1 comment:

  1. Bacon jam...this is awesome!! My husband is going to love it! I'm so glad to be following you, I love your blog:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)