October 30, 2012

A Tale of Two Chairs...

This is the tale of two cities, er, uh, I mean chairs 
(I had Charles Dickens on the brain!)... 

I had these two chairs in the backyard for an entire year.
They were rained on, sun baked, and forgotten.
Then one day I looked at those chairs, saw through the yuck, and envisioned shiny refinished usable furniture. So, we got to work!

The before...

I removed the seat & cut a piece of jean fabric large enough to wrap around all the edges...

I grabbed my staple gun, gathered the fabric and stapled it to the back of the seat base...

Once everything was gathered and stapled I cut off the excess fabric...

The new freshly covered seat!

My husband gave the chairs a new coat of black shiny spray paint...

Then we secured the seat back onto the chair...

And, ta-da, we have fresh "new" chairs in our schoolroom...

Project cost us around $6 (2 cans of spray paint).
To check out these chairs in action in our Schoolroom, chick {here}. 


1 comment:

  1. What a fun project. I love that you already had the chairs, you just brought new life to them. They are so much bolder now AND they look perfect in your classroom. Do you make your son call you Ms. Bishop when he is in class :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)