When I started my blog, it was to capture our life moments.
To be an online journal/catalog/scrapbook, of sorts, for us Bishops.
A place for me to write, and think, and share our life with family, friends, and now my new blogging friends.
The beauty of blogging is that I have been so RADICALLY blessed by the creativity, ingenuity, craftiness, preschool curriculum & craft inspiration, cooking-abilities/recipes, photography skills, Mommy-moments & Mommy-advice of other bloggers....
The danger of blogging is that I have COMPARED MYSELF at times with others.
I'm just being honest.
And, I feel like there might be some reading that can possibly relate???
If so, do as I did and read 2 Corinthians 10.
Meditate on the danger and misdirection of comparing yourself, or others, with anyone else.
The blogging world is wonderfully, fantastically,
inspirationally [is that a word?], great!
But, it is also filled with self-promotion, competition,
favorite sites, unfound treasures & the forgotten sites.
Seems you need one project that is amazing to make a name for yourself.
You can generate income and add sponsors.
All of this crept into my heart last week and I was consumed.
So, my reminder to myself....
1) Don't blog for anyone but yourself and your family...
and let others enjoy the ride :)
2) Be Janiene...one of the Bishop Bunch!
I love to craft and I love to be crazy with my kids.
My about me tab has some fun info on who I am.
I am reminded to stay true to me!
3) Be content with my broken camera that sucks the life out of batteries because we have to use this funky twisted spring to even get it to notice a battery. I am still capturing moments that we will look back on with smiles and tears. Thank you Lord for my camera - I truly am grateful!
4) Spend more time being an inspiration to my kids than wanting to be an inspiration to the blogisphere.
5) Glean from others' blogs -
I am a copycat crafter, not an original trend-setter...
and I am ok with that! :)
my kids and I were having fun just being us!
E writing a letter to his best friend Kai...
We made chocolate mousse desserts during cooking time.
Owen stacked some blocks...
Ethan did a lesson on lower case letters...
If you read this and made it this far,
blessings to you!
I pray our lives reflect Jesus to you.
Click on the "about me" &
the "what do I still lack" tabs
to learn more about my love for my GREAT GOD
and how you can have it too :)