April 19, 2012

spring has sprung!

Spring, the season of new beginnings.
I wish our Calendar started in Spring. 
It just makes sense, to me at least.
January is such a weird month to start a calendar, don't you agree?
Starting the calendar right after Christmas, and, in the middle of winter???
Nope, does not make sense to me!
If I ran the world, 
[everyone take a collective sigh that that will never happen!!!!!] 
I would change our calendar to start in Spring :)

We have had a very Springy day!
Playing in dirt, water play, graham crackers, cool breezes, and transplanting seedlings.

"For everything there is a season, 
and a time for every matter under heaven."
"He has made everything beautiful in His time."
Ecclesiastes 3:1&11a


Ethan loves to play in the dirt.
He scooped up and sifted dirt for 2 hours straight!
His focus can be intense, but awesome too.

Ava-girl using Owen's scooter to walk around the backyard. 
She is getting good at steering it!

Owen protects me from all the bad guys with his 
"super hero gun" as he likes to call it. 
He is the best defender of the Bishop manor ever!

Ethan found this awesome leaf and ran over to show me. 
I told him I would keep it in my Bible.
He asked me why I would put it in there.
I said that is where I keep all the flowers and leaves he brings me.
He thought that was so great, haha.

An impromptu water play time...

I made their milk extra special tonight!

I transplanted my seedlings.
I am growing jalepenos, chives and basil.
YUM!!!
This is my first time starting something from seeds. 
So excited!!!!!

May your Spring be bright and beautiful!

God's creation is amazing and serves to remind us of our 
wonderful creator!
Praise Him today, or else the rocks will cry out! 
He is worthy to be praised :)


Blessings!
Janiene

2 comments:

  1. I'm learning that one thing boys do is dig...in dirt! Happy Spring!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of dirt! Haha Such cute pictures of your kids. That one of Super Hero Owen in his undies is a hoot! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)