April 7, 2012

no bread for me


no bread for me (of idleness that is)

Prov 31:27 "She looketh well to the ways of her household,
and eateth not the bread of idleness."

Eccl 10:18 "Because of laziness the building decays,
And through idleness of hands the house leaks."

This week I am trying something....
it is not a new concept
but, it will be revolutionary
life changing even

and probably very tiring

I need you all to hold me accountable

In my small group last week, I shared that the weight that so easily ensnares me is
idle time.
5 min here, 10 min there - they add up!
That is time that could be redeemed to bless my family, my friends, my Lord.

So, I am making myself very transparent and raw on my blog this week...
I seek to bring my time [and my body] into submission!

Here is my game plan...

~Meal Planning for the week~
MONDAY - Fish, Rice & Greenbeans
TUESDAY - Homemade Pizza & Salad
WEDNESDAY - Chicken Soft Tacos, Rice & Beans
THURSDAY - Left over Chicken - Tostada Salads
FRIDAY - Frenchtoast and Eggs
SATURDAY - Beef Sliders, Oven fries & Salad
SUNDAY - Leftovers or Sandwiches

~Cleaning for the week~
Deep Clean 1 room a day - 30min
Organize one drawer or closet a day - 30min

~Walk 1 mile a day~

~Preschool for 2hrs a day~

~Go to Dollar Tree for Ava's Party supplies,
make the decorations & set-up the party~

Having a goal to complete, helps me stay busy.

So, I post my plans here and make myself accountable to you all.
I know that I will not be perfect, but I hope to at least do most of this :)
Even doing most will bless my family!

Plus, my husband's and children's praise after this week may just be the drive I need to continue this plan the following week...month...year...and so on.

Albert Einstein said:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over
and expecting different results."

The only way to break old habits is to stop doing them and try something else!

So, here's to trying new things and expecting different [better] results!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister! I so needed to read this tonight! I'm going to make me some goals right now before I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!! :)