February 25, 2012

Day 5 - Potty Training Owen...

~Elizabeth Stone~
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

The above quote reminded me of my day today. 
Owen has not pooped for 5 days now. 
5! 
Ah!
  
I know that some kids have gone longer than 5 days. 
I knew that it was medically ok for Owen to go longer than 5 days.

But, he was miserable.

He couldn't last another day, I just knew it!
I just needed to wait, and he just needed to not be afraid.

 All day today Owen has told me when he had to pee.
VICTORY!
He has that down :)
 He has the BEST bladder control I have ever seen!
He literally only pees 5-6 times a day.

After nap, Owen was a miserable little dude.
His will was breaking down.
His fear was staring him in the face.
I was so sad for him.

He did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, he did it!
It took nearly 2 hours of me walking him around the cul-de-sac,
him trying, crying, hugs, prayers, reassurance, more walking, lots of tears,
and then finally, he did it.

He was so relieved and very proud!
With a huge smile he waved bye to the poo as he flushed.
I was screaming and dancing.
I was praising him and telling him he was such a BIG BOY!
8 pez candies & 2 stickers for his poop train chart.

He called Daddy at work and proclaimed "I big big big big boy!"
:)


The rest of the day was awesome.
Owen is getting it and I am so proud of him!
I am praying that he poops tomorrow and the next and the next!
For now, we'll take this one flush at a time ;)



The battle is far from over!
The next 2 months is ALL about consistency.
Ethan never regressed or relapsed, praise the Lord!
The method we used teaches them to have ownership of their own bodies -
venturing outside of the home to go to stores, church, Grandparents homes, etc.,
are all challenging for new potty trainers -
but we are going to have to leave the house one day! Haha.

For more information on the method we have used to potty train our 1st & 2nd children,
click here: 3-Day Potty Training


If you have been traveling along with us on this journey, please keep praying for Owen!
Thank you!!! Hugs,
Janiene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!! :)