February 23, 2012

Day 3 - Potty Training Owen...

"Motherhood is hard work. It is repetitive and often times menial. Accept it. Rejoice in it. This is your toil. Right here. Those are their faces. Enjoy them. The days of your life are supposed to be full of things like this. But joy is not giddy. It's not an emotional rush - it is what happens when you accept your lot and rejoice in your toil. So rejoice in your children. Look them in the eyes and give thanks. You will not even remember the work of all this planting when the harvest of joy overwhelms you."

My friend posted this on Facebook this morning.
God's timing in always perfect!
I love this quote. My friend did not know who originally posted this quote. 
If by some crazy coincidence, you are reading this blog and you are the one that wrote the quote above, message  me! I want to talk with you and thank you for bringing Mommyhood into such a great godly perspective :)

Today with potty training has been hard. 
The hardest of the 3 days, by far!
Owen started to whine around 11pm last night. He had a fever :(
He complained and wanted to pee
At 2:30 I checked on him and he was miserable
He kept telling me to snuggle him, so that's what I did.
I think the beauty of this method of potty training is the undivided attention that I can give him!

We are bonding and I am enjoying this sweet time. 
So we snuggled for an hour and I could feel him breathing and resting.
There really is nothing like a sleeping child in your arms.
One of my absolute favorite things in life!

Owen slept from that point on till morning.
When he woke up at 7:30 he did not want to pee
By 9:30 he still hadn't peed
10am we did painting and art time at the table
I was reminding him to tell me
When I ran to get the paint (literally 30sec) I heard "No Pee Mommy, No PEE!!"
I ran in and he was wet and crying
I took him to potty and was telling him I was proud of him for telling Mommy and that I was so sorry
for being so far away that I couldn't help him.
He cleaned himself, we got new undies, and then we resumed art time
I kept telling him to tell Mommy when he needed to pee
He stood up, snuggled into Auntie Riss and said "No pee Mommy!"
We went to potty and he peed
2 cookies!

More juice
And waiting...

11:45 - Lunch time
Owen starts to tell me "No Mom, no. I sit on your lap Mom."
I asked him if he needed to pee and he crosses his legs and says "No pee Mom".
Seems to be the pattern for him.
We go to potty, he gets on and pees.
He also shows signs of wanting to poo but then starts crying.
I tell him not to cry, it's ok! He is a BIG BOY and he can tell me if he needs to poo later.
He is fighting the need to poo today.

1pm - Naptime 
I snuggle with him in his bed until he is relaxed.
He did not want to pee before his nap.
We prayed and told God about our morning and asked him to bless this afternoon.

So, I am resting in the Lord and gaining from Him the strength and determination to keep going!

3:28pm-
OK! I am sitting here about to write more and my eyes fell upon the time stamp 
from when I posted earlier today...
 For those who know (and those who are just learning this about me), 11:11 is a very special time for me. It is a time that I see whenever the day gets rough, my circumstances are trying or even when things are great! It is a special thing between me and my God.
My labor with Owen was amazing, until I got to the hospital.
Let's just say it was scary and we feared a few times for my health.
When all was said and done, little Owen was born at 11:11 - coincidence, I think NOT!
Time fails to share all the ways God has shown himself strong, loving, active, present, in control, etc., through my seeing 11:11.

Seeing 11:11 today was just what I needed!
God's encouragement that He is what I need and He is very present!

The rest of the day went ok...

We were playing outside with bubbles and he started to go a little
so we ran to the potty and he peed on the toilet
He was very happy to pee on potty
2 m&m's
new undies and I reminded him to tell Mommy when he needed to pee

Bedtime routine...
Did not want to pee before bed
I reminded him that he is a BIG BOY and he needs to keep his undies dry

When I got home from my ladies Small Group I checked on Owen and he had peed a little in his bed
We cleaned him up and at first he was really sad but I gave him a hug and told him he was still a BIG BOY and that he can try again.

Good night little Owen - Mommy loves you so much - even though you are stubborn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!! :)