November 22, 2011

chain scarf

I love my chain scarf, so I thought I would recreate it!
My wonderful neighbor from the last place we lived at made me a tan chain scarf and I wanted to recreate it.

So, here is what it looks like...

If there are any expert crocheters out there, please forgive me for hacking the language used for crochet patterns...

How I made this:
Each piece had 30 chain stitches,
then 2 rows of double stitch,
then I tied off the end.

I made 16 of these pieces.

Then, just like the paper chains you used to make in grade school, I chained the pieces together. I sewed the ends together with a yarn needle. 

I made a tassel for the last link on both ends of the scarf. The tassels are just a long string of chain stitches, 125 chain stitches each to be exact.

I folded the long chain in fourths and then looped it over the last chain on the scarf and tied it together. 

Sorry for not taking detailed, step-by-step, photos.

I love this scarf!

If you end up making this, let me know! I'd love to see what you come up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!! :)